Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Birthday Boy is five

Sammy was beyond excited about his Birthday. He kept telling me, "Mommy it's my turn to blow out the candles!". Yes, it truly was. Finally. I asked him if he had birthday cake in China and he said, "No, I wash". Hmmm......SO in any event we wanted this celebration to be special. Sam also thought it was very important that he wear a hat. Great! Most kids don't want to wear them but not my well dressed boy. LOL He was delighted by everything and when we told him that he would get another Birthday next year, he said no. =) He doesnt understand the whole holiday annual schedule yet, but he will! Sammy has such gratitude and glee for life. He mentioned later, "Thank you Mommy for making me cake." I didnt make it this year, but still...Awwwwww. Gosh.

3 comments:

DiJo said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAM!!!! We miss you and your parents!!!!
Love,
The Rouse Family
(Diana, Jeff, Ainsley & Ruby Mei)

The Oswalds said...

Happy Birthday Sammy! and Merry Christmas to you all!

Love,
Shauna, Joel & Kylee

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Happy belated birthday, Sammy! I hope he had a great day and I am pretty confident he'll embrace having a birthday next December...

Love,
Lisa